School Governors make important collective decisions and the governing body is answerable to parents and the community. The responsibilities of the Governing Body include:
- promoting high standards of education and achievement
- planning the school's long-term future
- setting the school's aims and values
- appointing senior staff including the Head teacher
- budgetary allocation and control
- deciding on the number of staff to be employed
- making sure that the curriculum is broad and balanced
- considering how the school will ensure that all pupils have access to the full range of extended services
There are 13 school Governors, 2 of whom are appointed by a ballot of parents.
Chair: Mrs Samantha Smith
Vice Chair: Mr Jonathan Bellshaw
Clerk to Governors: Vacancy
Ex Officio: REVD J Cullimoore (Appointed by Diocese); REVD P Green (Appointed by Bishop Grosseteste University)
A full list of governors and their individual roles and responsibilities is available to download below.
Our Governors are committed to ensuring your child achieves their full potential and regularly come into school and talk to children about their learning.